Commercial and Corporate Law refers to the law relating to companies, securities, contracts, banking and finance, financial services regulation, and bankruptcy. It provides the framework within which businesses conduct themselves. We can assist in commercial disputes in a range of areas for both public and private companies, dealing in all matters of trade and commerce. Commercial Law helps protect parties’ rights, relations and conduct when engaging in such trade and commerce. We also offer guidance on transactional applications and adherence to corporations legislation. This may include entering into contracts, the formation and operation of a company, issues of solvency and insolvency, and managing the fiduciary obligations of its directors. Our expertise extends to a wide range of sectors including government, building and construction, manufacturing, franchising, multinationals and healthcare.
We can advise on a full range of commercial business and corporate law matters including:
- Commercial litigation and dispute resolution, including representation in all courts and tribunals ranging from the Federal Court to the NSW Administrative Tribunal
- Construction and infrastructure matters, including tendering procedures, standard form contracts, consultancy agreements, builder’s side deeds and development agreements with government
- Insolvency and restructuring matters, including investigation, asset realisation, recovery and distribution to creditors
- Property and development matters, including commercial, industrial, retail and residential leasing and licensing, and property financing, stamp duty and taxes
- Corporations Act compliance, including setting up new companies, corporate governance, compliance training, shareholder agreements and disputes, change of company name, and constitution review